Internet of Things Australia (IoTAA) is the peak Australian IoT Industry body. We have over 500 member organisations, and over 1000 individual participants working across twelve workstreams.
Our vision is to empower industry to grow Australia’s competitive advantage through IoT.
To accelerate IoT innovation and adoption by:
- activating and supporting collaboration across industry, government, research and communities;
- promoting enabling, evidence-based policy and regulation; and
- identifying strategic opportunities for economic growth and social benefit.
Our key objectives are to:
- drive sound, evidence based input from industry into appropriate policy and regulation for IoT in Australia;
- recognise, understand and drive the national growth strategy underpinned by IoT enabling technologies, across key sectors of the Australian economy where Australia enjoys a competitive advantage; and
- promote collaboration at all levels including (but not limited to) between industry and Government, across the SME community, start-ups and investors, between service providers and problem/opportunity owners.
Read more in our Position Paper: Seizing the Internet of Things Opportunity for Australia.
“Australian organisations view IoT as being “transformational” with Asia Pacific representing 38.4% of spend in 2019.”
-IDC’s worldwide IoT Market forecast update, 2015-2019
IoT Alliance Australia’s overarching Principles and Aims
- Maintain an open and transparent dialogue with industry and other stakeholders.
- Behave in a socially responsible and ethical way at all times.
- Encourage industry interoperability and seek collaboration based on secure and open IoT solutions
- Encourage the growth of and innovation within the IoT industry
- Encourage the development of a national IoT strategy to position Australia to harness the benefits of the IoT, with industry and government effectively working together.
- Be self-funding.